Tuesday, May 12, 2015

You Don't Love Your Mom Until You Post It On Social Media

#BestMomEver
#HappyMothersDay
#Mom
#Blessed
#loveyou

As you couldn't have missed, Mother's Day was this past Sunday.

Over this past weekend, I noticed and influx of posting on social media. Like most holidays, Mother's Day is no exception. People sharing cute pictures of them and their mom from various stages in their lives or maybe a picture of their mom when she was young.

From your friends to your favorite news or gossip blog site, It seemed like every post on Sunday was about our great #moms .

Don't get me wrong. I love my mother and I too joined in on the posting about my awesome mom.

I just thought it was such an interesting thing this has become. I remember a time when the only "captions" I wrote for these types of holidays were in a real Mother's Day card and my mom was the ONLY one to read it.

Now these posts have been sort of like digital cards that everyone can read ( that is if you set your privacy to that setting.)

 I love the fact that (if your mother is on facebook, she can comment and see the post). Maybe some mom's like it even more because their children are kind of "showing them off" to their friends now rather than pretending their parents don't exist on social media. Is this us becoming more accepting of older generations on the internet? Maybe its just a competition to see who gets more likes on the pictures?

I feel that this is just another way we as a social community are embracing social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment